Anna's Creative Space

Thursday, March 19, 2015

May 11, 2014 - OLPH First Holy Communion Banner


Hello my crafty friends!  I have another project to share with you.  The parents of my son's 2nd grade class got together and made banners for their children to hang in the church the day of their First Holy Communion ceremony.

The teacher gave each child in class a large piece of stiff white felt to use as the base for their banner so all the banners would be the same size.   I bought several colors of felt from Michael's and had a large burgundy piece embroidered with my son's name and the date of his communion ceremony.  The two different types of crosses used on the banner were both die cut from Spellbinders Crosses 2.

 

I found some communion coloring pages online and used the images as a pattern to cut out the chalice and dove elements for the banner.  The communion wafer, grapes and circles at the bottom were die cut from Spellbinders Classic Circles.  The leaves were die cut from an old Sizzix leaf die found in the die library of my local scrapbook store.

 
 

 
  


I added a 1/4" wooden dowel, decorative endcaps, rhinestones, and a gold cord with tassels that I purchased from Jo-Ann's.  I painted the rod and endcaps with metallic gold acrylic paint and created burgundy felt loops that I attached the banner.  I covered the loop seams with yellow felt pieces die cut from the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis set.


 
 
Finished Banner
 


Thanks for looking!  Many Happy Scrappenings!

~Anna~

No comments:

Post a Comment